Yes you can change the weight of your fuzzy poi!
Please read these instructions first - then gather:
- a small teaspoon :: a rounded handle-end works best
- nothing pointy/sharp :: do not use sharp tools like screwdrivers as these may cut/tear the pod shell!
Pull the fuzzy cover off of the silicone pod shell. It fits rather snugly, but should slide off easily.
Pull the tri-ring off of the top of your pod shell and slide it down the leash and over the handle.
- If you’ve tied a knot you may need to untie it.
- Set the tri-ring down somewhere safe, so it doesn’t get lost ;)
Open the pod shell - be careful not to pull the petals apart too hard, as you can tear them by accident!
- Look inside the shell to where the leash and washers sit.
- Hold the petals open so you can easily get to the washers.
Be aware that while silicone is very resilient, it can be torn by tools - please be cautious not to push the handle in too hard.
Use the rounded handle-end of your teaspoon to carefully lever the small washers out of where they sit around the leash.
- Please leave the two thicker ones at the bottom of the pod shell - they are necessary for the leash to fit in the poi.
Once you’ve got the washers up on the leash, you may remove as many as you’d like.
- Remember how many you remove, so that both your weights match.
- One or two washers may be enough, though you can experiment with removing all 4 weight washers.
- Slide washers over the swivel and floop handle to remove.
Ensure that the remaining washers are secured back in the bottom of the pod shell around the leash.
- They should lever back into it without the aid of the teaspoon.
Reinstall the tri-ring on the top of your pod shell. This video below should help with that, if you’ve never done it before and the section about tri-ring installation is at 3:25.
Slide the fuzzy blaze cover back up over the pod shell.
- This will take some wiggling as it's a snug fit ;)
- Voila - you have lighter fuzzy poi!
Please contact us if you have any questions!