If you need to install a floop handle onto your leash, here are some tips to help you get the leash reconfigured.
You’ll want to have a lighter and a pair of pliers. Here’s a quick step-by-step:
- Wrap masking tape around the tip of the smithy cord to prevent it from fraying when cut
- Trim off the end your smithy cord leash
- Use a lighter to melt the end
- While it's warm, use pliers to pinch the end into a "stick" shape
- Thread the stick end of the smithy cord through the small welded o-ring, around the swivel, and back through the ring again. Pliers help a lot on the second pass through the small o-ring (pic below)
If you need extra smithy cord, you can find it on our website here: https://flowtoys.com/smithy-by-the-foot
Hope this helps, and please don’t hesitate to contact us know if you have any questions!