types of button presses
Modified on: Sun, 20 Jan, 2019 at 8:12 PM
Understand how your button likes to be pressed!
There are a few types of press - learn and get it to do the things you want :)
- the timings are ~ approximate. Best to look for indicator flashes.
- “Hold to save" and “hold to delete” functions are fairly long to prevent accidental saves or deletes. Probably the second most used function is "hold to off” and it’s nice to be able to turn off your prop without having to watch/paying attention, to avoid accidental save.
- The current “hold to save” delay feels like the minimum cushion, maybe we could shorten it by 5-10%, but it would still feel similarly long, and much more likely to hit accidentally.
Button Press/ Function
|~0.3 seconds or less. A quick click, like a computer-mouse click.|
Multiple clicks, like a double-click on a mouse, will access different pages
→ 2 clicks for page 2, 3 clicks for page 3, and so on.
Indicator: The light will blink dark during button presses and then flash the page number e.g. 3 flashes for page 3
Tip: If you’re having trouble, you might be clicking too fast.
To quickly get to Page1mode1, click 6 times.
You can navigate to a page with clicks from off, or in any mode, or adjust.
You do not have to wait for the page indicator to stop, you can press to go to the next mode immediately after getting to a page.
/Turn on, change mode, & select adjustment
~0.3-0.75 seconds. The classic button-press - this is what feels “normal” to most people.
Indicator: The light will blink dark during button presses.
- If you are adjusting a setting in page5, a “press” will temporarily select the adjusted setting, but the light will revert to the previous setting, the next time the light turns off (unless you "hold to save" it).
/Battery level indicator & enter "adjust"
- From ON → An indicator flash lets you know you can let go. This puts you in the “adjust” state and you can adjust the mode or setting you are in.
- New feature: "Adjust randomizer“ → From "adjust", long-press again and every prop in a group will go to a random adjustment in that mode → this can make for great “looks" among your props
- From OFF → The battery charge level color flashes (green for good, orange for ok, red is dead)
Hold to off
- light flashes past adjust indicator, then fades to off, and remembers your mode & adjustment.
- When you press the button again, the light returns to where you were.
Pro tip: You can let go as soon as the fade-off indicator begins.
/Solo on, solo off
|~4 seconds. A third indicator flash lets you know you can let go.|
- If the light is on + grouped with other props, it alone will turn off, and the rest of the group will stay on.
- If the light is off + grouped, “hold” will display the battery charge level of all the lights, and turn on the solo capsule - the rest of the group will remain off.
Hold to save
/Save mode or setting
~6 seconds. Hold until light turns off - on - off - on again.
- If the light is in one of the mode pages (p1-p4), and you "hold to save", you will save your pattern to the first slot in “Favorites” (p4m1).
- If the light is in page 5/settings, you’ll save the current setting adjustment.
|Hold to delete|
/Delete mode or setting
|~15 seconds. Continue holding past "save" until light flashes red 5 times.|
- On the favorites page, this will delete the mode you’re on.
- To delete ALL your favorites and reset to favorites default (which just has 1 favorite: red) → “hold to delete” when you are in favorites autoplay.
- On the settings page, you can delete any single saved setting (set it back to default), or delete P5M10 to delete all settings and favorites (set your whole light back to factory defaults).
Pro tip: The default bold-red favorite mode makes a great landmark for the end of the page/when you’ve reached autoplay. Don’t delete it, if you don’t need to!
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.