Vision and capsule lights ("flowtoys connect”) :
The vision and capsule V2 lights have "flowtoys connect" technology and are designed to be user friendly, robust and inspiring. With 3-axis accelerometer, ARM M3 processor and flowtoys connect radio, this system is capable of wireless connection, displaying incredible kinetically responsive patterns, and customizing modes and shows with a single button.
With a hardware “bridge”, you can control them, create and play shows to music, and even connect them to open-source computer software that enables limitless ways to control and integrate them with other show technologies, but you will be limited to controlling the built-in modes and their parameters, and there are some limitations.
Vision & capsule features:
- highly refined and durable hardware
- highly refined one-button interface for instant control
- super user friendly “flowtoys connect” mobile app
- simple programing of shows to a timeline through the app
- lifetime warranty and amazing customer support
- well developed documentation, instructions and solutions
Creators core lights:
- We're developing a new line of "creators core” light engines, with LEDs and power and durability the same as vision, but totally different control electronics.
- The creators core is designed and intended for customization and highly-technical show integration. Based on the ESP32 platform with 32GB additional memory, a 9-axis IMU, riser-board pads for accessories, an I2C bus with pads running the length of the club for easy hacking, and covered in 92 IR LEDs for video-motion tracking. We have not yet developed a good solution for 3D motion tracking, but it would be possible to add on your own components for that.
- Vision beta price: ~$190+/light core in a prop (club, 1/2 of a staff or pair of poi, etc.)
- Creators beta price: ~$280+/light core in a prop (club, 1/2 of a staff or pair of poi, etc.)
- Both vision and creators props have the same LED pixels, battery, body/build options, look and feel identical on the outside.
- On the inside, creators core will have more processing, memory, sensors, wifi, bluetooth and available pads and pins for add-ons.
- Creators props require technician/developer skills, and we offer very little technical support for this system.
- Creators’ WiFi radio requires advanced wifi routers and setup to be used in large numbers.
- Vision's “connect” radio can easily be connected and controlled in large numbers and remotely. A full-featured hardware remote control with DMX and MIDI input and more is in development.
- Creators can use open source software and firmware for creators props is in development by an independent artist developer, Ben Kuperberg. It is incredibly versatile, and some versions are fairly user friendly, but there is no “customer care” - you’re on your own at the whim of other experienced users/developers :)
- Vision props are affordable, simple and user-friendly with well-developed software, modes and support for casual users, artists and performers, who do not want to have to use a computer to control their props.
How to get creators cores:
Please email email@example.com and we’ll add you to our list of people to contact when they are available. Please indicate if you are an experienced developer, who would require zero support to work with something like this, or a technical artist, who would need a reasonable SDK, documentation and starter firmware/software to get going.