Sorry your grouping function is not behaving - please check out the troubleshooting below. If the tips don't help, please email us at email@example.com and we'll take care of you.
If you're experiencing radio issues, it could be due to these potential issues:
- lights have different versions of firmware
- lights are not grouped correctly
- radio crashed
- faulty radio
- radio broke off the circuit board
1. Ensure all your lights have the same firmware
- Click here for instructions on firmware updates
2. Ensure lights are grouped correctly
- Click here for grouping instructions
- Confirm they are NOT in a temp./open group -> go to P5M1. In current firmware, it should be white.
3. Radio might have crashed
- Try a soft reset - this often fixes it. Not typical but you may need to reset it a few times, then group again.
- If a soft reset doesn't work, try a power-cycle
- Click here for soft reset/power cycle instructions
4. Faulty radio
- It’s possible for a radio to be partially defective/work intermittently. Usually a bad radio can receive well, but not transmit well. You may notice a delay in other lights responding to it. Mark the suspected light - if you can confirm it is the faulty one, we’ll replace it.
5. Radio broke off the board
Open the capsule shell (see soft reset/power cycle video below)
Check if the radio is breaking off the board or missing
If radio is breaking off the board or missing, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for replacement instructions.