Sorry your grouping function is not behaving - please check out the troubleshooting below. If the tips don't help, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll take care of you.
If you're experiencing radio issues, it could be due to these potential issues:
- radio fell off or coming off the circuit board
- lights have different versions of firmware
- lights are not grouped correctly
- radio crashed
1. Radio fell off the board
Open the capsule shell (see soft reset/power cycle video below)
Check if the radio is falling off the board or missing
If radio is falling off the board or missing, please email us at email@example.com for replacement instructions.
2. Ensure all your capsule 2.0s have the same firmware
Click here for instructions on firmware updates
3. Ensure lights are grouped correctly
Both units should display the same color in grouping mode (P5m1) - but even if they show the same color, they may not be in the same group.
- To group, you must enter adjust and select the color while both units are in P5m1 even if they are already the same color. It helps to enter adjust and select the group color one at a time.
- Did you save the grouping? To save, hold down until the light powers down, turns on, powers down again and turns on again.
- Did a light connect to another group somewhere in your building?
- Try saving “no group” (blinking red group) and leaving your prop off for more than 1 minute. And then regrouping.
- Try grouping a few times - it doesn’t always work the first time.
If you are grouping correctly, and one or more of your capsule lights don't seem to be grouping, use 2 or more capsules for testing:
- Mark the capsules so you can tell them apart
- Power cycle 1 at a time and re-group/re-try after each one. If this works, mark the one that fixed it. If it fails again later, it should be replaced.
If one capsule receives, but does not transmit/control, or visa-versa, it should be replaced.
If you only have 2 capsules and can't tell which is faulty, both need to be sent in for testing. (or borrow a friend's to complete testing)
If you have more than 2 capsules, and only 1 is not connecting after above steps, it should be replaced. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for warranty instructions.
4. Radio might have crashed
- Try a soft reset (see video below) - this often fixes it. Not typical but you may need to reset it a few times, then group again.
- Try a power-cycle (see video below)
- Open up your capsule 2.0 and perform a soft reset (this is different from capsule 1.0!)
- Use a key or pliers to quickly bridge the reset pads show in the picture.
Here's a video showing how to perform a soft reset and it that doesn't work, try a power cycle: